Getting the Most Out of Wedding Expos
How To Get the Most Out of A Wedding Show
Before you attend the Premier Bride Expo in Jacksonville or St. Augustine, here are some helpful tips that you can apply to get the most out of the bridal show experience!
- Register at www.PremierBrideExpo.com before the show. This will prevent you from filling out the registration form before entering in the expo floor! You will be asked to fill out the pink form used for prizes and give-a-ways, which is located at the main emcee booth!
- Check out the vendors that are there! If you are interviewing or would like to meet certain vendors, email or call them to see if they will be at the expo. Each participating wedding vendor receives free tickets, ask them for a pair!
- Decide on which “categorizes” of wedding vendors you want to see and make a list. With over 100+ vendors at each show, you can get overwhelmed so make a list!
- Bring a list of questions you want to ask each vendor. Make a “note” on your phone or on your tablet. With so much going on at the expos, it is easy to forget what you want to talk about!
- Don’t be shy! If you want to talk to a vendor, make sure you approach their booth and start a conversation. If they are talk to someone else, stand by and listen…they might be asking the same questions that you are!
- There are 3 hours at each Premier Bride Expo in Jacksonville and St. Augustine, so you can come early if you have lots planning, or you can come around 2 pm to avoid the mad rush at the beginning of the show.
- Every couple is treated as a VIP at the Premier Bride Expo, so everyone gets a swag bag full of goodies and information.
- Try to have a pattern when walking the trade show floor. Go right, or go left…just remember where you went and stay on one side of the isle before going to the next. You want to make sure that you do not miss any vendors!
- Make sure you bring your camera or camera phone – you will want to take pictures of the inspirations that you find or the vendors that you want to use.
- Only bring the people with you who are decision makers. Your finance, your parents or may be your close friends. Too many opinions can be tough to get things accomplished. It can also be frustrating….because it is your wedding…so do what you want!
- Stay together, don’t split up! Make sure that you walk the floor together because you are making decisions together and there is plenty to discuss!
- Use the map and vendor list that is given to you at the entrance of the bridal show, or is in your wedding swag bag. It will help you locate the vendors you want to see and find their location. The Jacksonville expo, at Everbank is on two floors…so it is helpful to know where each vendor is.
- Make sure you bring your calendar with you because you might want to set an appointment at the wedding expo! All of the vendors are professional and they will respect your time. They will not push their services on you, but you might fall in love with them and want to book at the show!
- Don’t be afraid to tell a vendor that you have already booked with another vendor, they will appreciate your honesty.
- Enjoy the fashion at the bridal and grooms attire booths. Many of these vendors bring tons of sample gowns and/or live models to show them off!
- Eat! Taste test the cakes, catering and reception venue food…that is what is there for!
- If you have a popular wedding dates; March, April, May, October, or November Saturdays…be prepared to make decisions because these are the popular wedding months in Jacksonville, St. Augustine, Amelia Island, Orange Park and the surrounding areas. Be prepared to book vendors quickly because they book up too!
- Wear comfortable shoes….you will walk around a lot!
- Bring labels. Bring labels. Bring labels. Many wedding vendors will ask you to register at their booth if you are interested in their services. If you bring the peal and stick labels…you can save your hand from writing out your information!
- Make sure you pick up your copy of Premier Bride Magazine!